Welcome to Wayne Country Day!
Wayne Country Day School admits students of any race, religion, gender, and ethnic origin to all programs and activities generally made available to students at the school. Wayne Country Day's admission process attempts to identify students who are capable of:
- succeeding in a college preparatory curriculum, and
- fulfilling the school's requirements for graduation.
Admission to Wayne Country Day is selective, and in reviewing applications the Office of Admissions considers:
- past educational performance,
- admission testing, and
The basic requirement for admission to WCDS is evidence of sound character and academic achievement. WCDS is especially interested in applicants who demonstrate independence, maturity and concern for others, in addition to strong academic and extracurricular performance. We value our multicultural student body and seek to bring together a community of learners from all parts of the world. Wayne Country Day School does not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, gender, age, physical challenge, national origin, or any other characteristics in administration of its educational and admission policies, financial aid program, athletics, or other school-administered programs and activities.
The admission process includes:
- Tour and interview by the applicant and parent with the Director of Admissions or Headmaster;
- Submission of a completed application;
- Copy of the student's transcript from the current school;
- Writing sample;
- One-half day or full day visit (scheduled through the Admissions Office) in the appropriate grade;
- Admission testing for the appropriate grade level following visit;
- Immunization record;
- Completed teacher reference forms;
- Any additional information deemed necessary by the administration.
Financial Aid may be available to those who qualify.
Director of Admissions
480 Country Day Road
Goldsboro, NC 27530